Friday, October 5, 2007

Introduction

This blog will chronicle my upcoming adventures in Papua New Guinea and New Zealand. I will be traveling for a month, encompassing a week on the ground in Papua New Guinea (PNG) exploring indigenous cultures, flora and fauna, and doing some SCUBA diving, followed by 11 nights cruising aboard the Orion. The last week will be spent in New Zealand aboard the Island Passage.

I'll make posts whenever and wherever possible based on availability of an Internet connection, which might be spotty at best. I don't know exactly what form or what tone this blog will take as I have no idea what this journey will bring. I am starting travel on October 12 and will not arrive in Australia until the 14th due to the length of the flights and crossing the International Date Line. I will overnight in Cairns, then take a flight into PNG on the 15th. Hope to see you on the journey.

Please be sure to visit our sister site SmallShipCruises.

No comments: